If you are travelling to Edinburgh or Glasgow regularly, why not consider car sharing from Halbeath Park & Ride? Halbeath P&R offers a very convenient meeting point just off the M90 & A92.
To help you find possible car sharing partners, Fife Council, in conjunction with SESTRAN (the South East Scotland Transport Partnership), has developed www.tripsharefife.com – an easy and free to use website that puts you in touch with people making the same journey as you, whether it be on a daily basis or a one-off lift.
Car sharing has many benefits :
- Saves you money – 3 people car sharing from Halbeath to Edinburgh can each save as much as £2124 a year or £4955 a year sharing to Glasgow
- Reduces the number of cars on the roads, resulting in less congestion, less pollution and fewer parking problems
- Provides a real solution to the transport problems of rural areas
- Gives employees and employers more transport options
- Reduces the need for a private car